Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moving Setback?

I just got back from looking 3 different houses today. The first 2 were dark and unmentionable. The last was the best one - cute, clean, but tiny one bedroom house in a desirable location. It did not have a single closet in the entire place. I can't store my camping gear in the bathroom, and I doubt an Aerobed would fit in the tiny front sitting room.

Also, we inquired about our shipping container with all our worldly possessions, which was to have arrived in Sydney on 21 August. We were advised today that it is still in Singapore, awaiting a connecting vessel. Its revised estimated arrival date in Sydney is 13 September, making it 3 weeks late. Add onto that another 10 to 14 business days for our shipment to clear Australian Customs and Quarantine, and we may not be seeing our furniture and the rest of our clothes, etc until 27 September.

Our furnished corporate apartment only lasts 30 days, and the lease on any housing we've been looking at may not be able to be held off until the last week of September.

I'm drinking a cup of tea and eating lots of Tim Tams to fortify my strength.

2 comments:

Unknown August 26, 2010 at 12:46:00 AM GMT+10  

I'm really enjoying your blog and all of the great photos. I especially love the shot of the fig tress. Beautiful!
The grocery cost reminds me of Hawaii. Hopefully you'll find a permanent home soon. Post some pictures of the rentals you're looking at along with prices. I may want to move there some day. HAH! Love you and miss you. Donna

goblins August 26, 2010 at 2:22:00 AM GMT+10  

I also am enjoying the blog and photos!

I think you will be surprised how quickly you adapt to your things being delayed. I know it's exhausting. Susan and I living in a small portion of our house, sealed off from the rest where a long-delayed remodel project is happening. I keep surprising myself how easily I adapt to less being there, especially knowing it's temporary.

Please do share more about the fabulous food selection. It sounds so fabulously 'international' there.

-Erik

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP