Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ferry trip to Manly

Yesterday (Wed. 18 Aug) Matthew left to go on his first team outing with work, and I spent the day with Jennifer and Katharina, a nice German student who also just recently moved to Sydney. We took the ferry to Manly and walked around, had lunch at a Thai place, and went to a small aquarium there, Oceanworld.

My first impression of the Australian beach is that it's beautiful, even in winter. The sand and the water are pretty colors, and the weather was not too bad - cloudy and a little windy - but not that cold, considering it's winter here.


Amanda and Jennifer at Manly Beach.

Oceanworld was in need of a bit of refurbishment, but I still enjoyed the animals, especially the turtles, cuttlefish and seahorses.

Seabiscuit, a turtle washed up injured after a storm, had to have one of her front flippers amputated.

It was dusk as our ferry headed back to Sydney and I had a hard time getting sharp photos of the Opera House, but here's an attempt:



Here's a link to all the day's photos.

3 comments:

Tom August 19, 2010 at 7:55:00 PM GMT+10  

Wow. Yes: nice, clear, colorful pic of the Opera House. I'm curious how Seabiscuit did at locomotion - I suppose he had a little bit of oscillating rotation.

Thanks for the blog!

Unknown August 20, 2010 at 5:28:00 AM GMT+10  

I love the pic of the croc. He appears purple against a yellow backdrop. Crazy! and I also liked the coloUrful starfish, both the spelling and the image. :) You are really hitting the ground running! I'm so glad you're having a great time. I'll check bac frequently to follow your adventures. Have lots and lots of them!! XXXOOO

Unknown August 20, 2010 at 7:46:00 AM GMT+10  

I'm crazy jealous - looks like a blast!

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP