Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Les Bières Belges


"All Belgian Beers" by Hilde Deweer - I didn't know about this book during our trip!

I heard there are 500+ different beers brewed in Belgium. Not sure if that's correct, but we tried to taste as many as possible during our time in Belgium!

I attempted to keep a running list of all I tried, but I'm sure it's incomplete. But, here's the list below. These are only the ones I had a glass/bottle of myself, so does not include sips I tasted of someone else's:

St. Feuillien Cuvée de Noël, Hoegaarden Rosé, St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, Floris Witbier, St. Helene, Pere Noël, Christmas Leroy, Tripel Karmeliet, McChouffe, Westvleteren XII, Cantillon Gueuze (spontaneous fermentation lambic), Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus (framboise lambic), Westmalle Tripel, Waterloo 8 Double Dark (brune), St. Berbardus Tripel, Gordons Christmas, Grimbergen Brune, Garre, Dupont Saison, Chouffe N'Ice, Adelardus Tripel, Witkap Pater, Delerium Tremens.

Phew! That's a lot of research. And finally, since I sometimes enjoy the same humour as 12-year-old boys, I will share a final picture. This is the description of Tripel Karmeliet from the huge notebook of beers at the Delerium Tremens bar:


0 comments:

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP