Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello 90s, Goodbye Hearing

The other night we saw Helmet at the Manning Bar at Sydney Uni. The opening band was Pangaea, a 90s punk/metal band from Brisbane, whose members went on to other Aussie bands Wolfmother and Regurgitator. The drummer, Dave Atkins, was a manimal behind the kit. In some ways, I actually preferred Pangaea's set over Helmet.

Anyway, the Helmet lineup is now Page Hamilton, the only original member, and a bunch of other (younger) guys. He happened to mention he is 51, and I would not have guessed. Overall, they were alright, I think M liked the show better than I did, but it was still fun.


Luckily, we were up in the back, behind the board, and nowhere near the pit. Ahhh 90s, with your sweaty angry boys slamming into each other, how I do not miss you. Instead, I was behind a pleasant Asian guy, who was kinda short like me, and occasionally threw up ASL I Love You signs, instead of horns. ;)

0 comments:

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP