Monday, June 13, 2011

Aussie Experiences

I had two distinctly Aussie experiences recently. First, I saw a platypus! Granted, it was at the aquarium, but I was still very excited. The last few times I went to the aquarium, he was hiding. But this time, I waited, and he finally came out of hiding.




Second, Matthew and I went to our first rugby match. Our friends Grant and Lindsay took us to see the New South Wales Waratahs play the NZ Highlanders. The 'Tahs won 33 to 7! 


If you're wondering, a waratah is a flower. This proves awkward for having a team mascot. They have to settle for "Tah Man," a guy who wears a foam superhero suit with a red flower emblem on the front - kind of silly. ;)




By the way, it's winter here - so strange for it to be cold and feeling like Christmastime in June!

0 comments:

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP