Thursday, June 6, 2013

My new e-reader


I was wary for a long time about getting an e-reader, but I finally took the plunge and got a Kobo Aura HD. I went with Kobo (a Toronto-based, Japanese-owned company) because they support open standards for e-books, and I didn't want to be locked in to Amazon. I went with a dedicated e-reader with an E Ink display (as opposed to reading on a tablet), as I was concerned about eye strain.

As for reading experience, I don't have anything to compare it to, since this is my first e-reader. But I'm liking it, and I don't have any complaints just yet!

I've found the Kobo bookstore a bit clunky, but fine. I'm not sure if I'm just being harsh, or if it has something to do with the Australian version of the store being somehow deficient compared to the US/Canadian version.

My first e-book purchase was a compilation of the first three Miss Marple books by Agatha Christie. This is actually the first Agatha Christie novel I've read, and I'm quite enjoying it. (It's also something I knew I wouldn't feel the need to keep a physical copy of.)

0 comments:

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP