Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mackenzie Eating his Pupsicle on Sydney's Hottest Day on Record



18 January 2013 was supposed to be a high of 40, so folks were advised to keep their pets cool during the extreme heat. I made Mackenzie a puppy popsicle (just some carrots in ice), which he loved.

It ended up being the hottest day on record for Sydney: 45.8C/114.4F!! (The previous record of 45.3 degrees was set in January 1939.)

I didn't go outside that day. Mac and I just stayed indoors with all the shades drawn and the air conditioning on. The few times I let him out in the back yard, it felt like walking into an oven. I was grateful I didn't need to go anywhere. (Some people had to ride home on trains with no aircon!)

It rained briefly that evening, then it got really windy. The following day, the temperature was 20 degrees cooler!

0 comments:

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP