Thursday, October 6, 2011

Knitting

I am attempting knitting again. I taught myself from a book many years ago, but never really got very far. This time, I am attempting 16 squares to make a blanket for Save the Children's Born to Knit campaign, which sends blankets to children in places like India and Cambodia. This year's campaign actually just ended, so hopefully they will do it again next year, and maybe I'll be done by then!




This is attempt # 2. Attempt #1 was made using a ball of red yarn that came in the Born to Knit kit. I got some new green and grey yarn over the weekend, and now I'm starting over.

2 comments:

Susan Kelley October 6, 2011 at 4:24:00 PM GMT+11  

If you have any questions, hopefully I can help you over the interwebs. I'm not great at reading patterns, but my mom taught me to knit when I was 8 so I know the basics.

BC October 20, 2011 at 3:41:00 PM GMT+11  

You should check out Ravelry.com too. I think the best way to learn how to knit is to find a simple pattern that you really want to make...a hat, a scarf, blanket, whatever...but something that you would actually put to use upon completion.

Knittinghelp.com has some great how-to videos as well.

About This Blog

We are a 30-something American couple who moved to Sydney, Australia on 15 August 2010.

Subscribe in a reader

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP